Slider

Falling for Fall...

October 12, 2010


I love long weekends!!!  Very happy I had yesterday off but that always makes Tuesdays feel like Mondays and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.  It does make the week shorter… but who likes Mondays?!?  Over the weekend there was so much to do so of course it flew by!


Fall for Greenville is seriously one of my most favorite things about Greenville!!!  It was definitely packed downtown on Saturday but it was well worth it.  


Peter and I spent the day munching on some food at a few of the tents… Sassafras for my Fried Green Tomatoes (of course!!) and we stopped by Brown Street for some yummy food too!  Most of the day we watched football at Green Room (recently awarded Best New Restaurant Downtown) which is now my new favorite place!  


It’s so quaint and has great beer… everyone that works there is SOO nice and they always remember us.  We go there almost every weekend now to watch some games.  We also had some food from their tent, of course delicious! 

After a day of snacks and football we headed down to Halfway to Habana since Peter planned for all of our friends to meet up for some drinks and conversation.  

It was so great!!!  We don’t do that nearly as often as we should.  There was a good, 20 people there at one point!

The party headed to Addy’s after that and then to Blu Martini (A MUST!) where we had a blast dancing… even though the music selection was not the best.
It’s impossible not to have fun when I’m with these ladies!!


And my man too of course!!! :)  Love this picture so much!
I believe it was a very successful day and night!!



On Sunday I dragged Peter to The Biltmore Estate and I am soooo glad I did because he really liked it!!  Like I mentioned before I’ve been asking on and off for about 2 years now so I was super pumped!  It was such a perfect day to go… everything was beautiful with the leaves starting to turn.

The house of course was perfect.  I still can’t believe that people actually lived here and called it home!  Completely baffles me…


After touring the house and sitting down for an iced coffee and peanut butter cookie we headed to the Antler Hill Village which is pretty new.  Along the way we stopped to see this beautiful waterfall and bridge! 

On one side of the bridge you see this!! 


Then the other looks like this!


Then Peter had the bright idea to walk up the hill to see if we could get a glimpse of the house and I was very happy we did (even though I didn’t have on the most comfortable walking shoes) because it was so beautiful!! 

And this is what we hiked walked up… ;) we were down by the river.

After we walked back down we hopped back in the car and drove to the Antler Hill Village!  It’s such a beautiful place…

And they had PUMPKINS!!!!!!!! 

We even got to have some German food at the Oktoberfest tent! :) 

Finally we went on the Winery Tour and did some wine tasting and even bought 3 bottles!!  Perfect end to a perfect day!

Next thing to look forward to… Girls Night on Thursday!  YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan