Slider

bad to great!

December 13, 2010


Well… today was a little rough.  I woke up and did NOT want to get out of bed but I made myself after snoozing for around 30 minutes (I’m not lying) jumped in the shower and finally started getting ready.  I told myself, “Self… think positive thoughts!!!”  I tried, and I almost succeeded until I stepped into work.  I just did NOT want to be there!  Don’t get my wrong, I love my co-workers and I do love my job but I definitely had a case of the Mondays! 

One of my co-workers… the Head Teller Extraordinaire, Rebecca whom I love with my whole heart even asked me what was up with my snotty attitude!  hahaha!  I couldn’t help but laugh because I knew it was true!  So around 1:30 I decided that I was going to be happy and not be “snotty” for the rest of the day!!!  I had a nice cup of hot tea (that the wonderful Rebecca made me) and started reading some bible verses to encourage me and these 2 made all the difference!!   

Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
  always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
  and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
  Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!  
Proverbs 3
1 My child,* never forget the things I have taught you.
  Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
  and your life will be satisfying.
3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
  Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
  Write them deep within your heart.
4 Then you will find favor with both God and people,
  and you will earn a good reputation.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
  do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
  and he will show you which path to take.

After reading those and saying a prayer I felt so much better!  The rest of the day was completely different.  I got a lot of work done, helped my co-workers with a happy smile and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with the girls from work at Blue Fin in Spartanburg!  It was soooo good!  
Wonderful glass of Sovereign Blanc and a tasty bowl of Shrimp and Grits!!! Not the best ever but it was definitely high on the list of.... 

"Best Shrimp and Grits EVER List"

1) High Cotton

2) Boulevard Diner 

3) Soby's 

4) Blue Fin


So, the day went from BAD to GREAT!  Lot of help from up above... and a little from a VERY yummy dinner and chat with my gals! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cassie, i think the Old Edwards Inn in Highlands beat the list of shrimp and grits! it is amazing, you need to try them, I mean I'm not even from the south and I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan