Slider

New Years Resolution…

December 31, 2010




Last year I had a resolution to lose weight and I did pretty good… lost 20 lbs and kept off 15 of it and I do feel a lot healthier over all so I absolutely think that was a success. 

This year I think I have a few ideas for a better year.

1)    Take in as much as I can every day…
I learned a hard lesson this year with losing both of my Grandpa’s especially since one was a shock.  Last Christmas with my Papa Pridmore (Mom’s Dad) was so sweet and special since we all knew it was going to be his last and I will always remember that Christmas with him. 

With my Papa G, it was so different.  I enjoyed Christmas like every year with my Dad’s family… had fun, opened presents, laughed, had lunch… but I didn’t soak it in like I did with my other Papa.  It was so hard this year with my Dad’s family because he wasn’t there and I never thought he wouldn’t be.  I guess that’s part of the problem when someone close to you passes away so quickly and unexpectedly. 

So I am going to try my best to take in every second of every day… say I love you more, hug the people I love more, and make sure that everyone knows how much they mean to me every day!

2)    Try not to PLAN so much…
I think I drive Peter crazy because I’m always thinking so far ahead which always makes me worry and panic.  We had a conversation recently about the future and he said, “Stop trying to put a number on everything and just go with it, see what happens instead of planning it.” 

He’s right… I don’t need to be concerned all the time about the future and a certain time line that I’ve set for myself, or for us.  I just need to focus on being happy which he most definitely makes me every day… and take my time!!  Soak in all the happiness instead of trying to move forward all the time. 

It makes me think of that quote from Sex and the City:

"sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, 

stop figuring out precisely how we feel, 
stop deciding exactly what we want 
and; just see what happens."


3)    Make time for my girls…
Life is busy and life is hectic but I think I’ve made a constant effort to make time for my girlfriends in the past 2½ years I’ve been dating Peter.  A lot of people start a relationship and they fall off the face of the earth, I mean… come on!  You know you can name a least a handful of friends that you never talk to anymore and it’s probably because they are in a relationship now. 

I really try and keep in touch with my friends that shape me into who I am… and who I want to be.  I text them just to let them know I am thinking of them and said a prayer for them today, or starting a dinner club with 6 awesome girls so we can see each other once a month, having brunch and a movie whenever we can all get together.  It’s important to have that connection with other women I think… it helps us grow and evolve and have that accountability when we need it.

This also means my Mom!  Even though I live with her and we carpool to work together doesn’t necessarily mean that we make time for each other.  We both have busy lives and I want to constantly make time to talk to her and enjoy her because she is just amazing!!!  I’m so lucky to have a Mom that’s also my best friend! 

4)    Keep up the good work with my health…
Even though I have lost around 20 lbs I still want lose some more!!  Not because I feel the need to be super skinny so I can wear a size 6 in my jeans again but because I want to be as healthy as I can! 

Right now is the BEST time to get into the best shape of my life.  I need to make going to the gym and eating right a habit so that when life is busier and WAAAAY in the future when I want to have babies I will already be in awesome shape and ready for that.  (Not planning… just saying!!)


So, these are just a few things that I want to do in 2011!!  I hope everyone has an awesome, fun and SAFE New Years Eve and hopefully you have a list of Resolutions to make your life even sweeter than it is now! 

You can borrow some of mine if ya want!! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan