Slider

Blessed.

February 27, 2011

My incredibly beautiful and amazing friend, Madison is an angel!  At Dinner Club this past Thursday (post on that later) the group dwindled down to Madison, Katie and I and our conversation switched to our lack of enthusiasm to read the bible.  Katie and I were saying how we both feel overwhelmed when we open our bible to try and start.  We also both agreed that whenever we do try and learn something we turn everything around to be about ourself... which only leaves us feeling selfish and further away from God.  

One of the MANY things that I love whole heartedly about Madison is her passion for God and His word. 

I remember one morning while we were on a vacation in Atlanta, I woke up and Madison was gone... no where to be found.  I was slightly worried but I figured everything was fine... maybe she went to grab some coffee or taking a shower?  Eventually she walked in the room with her bible and notebook and said with her constant cheerful voice:

"HI!  Good Morning!! How are you!?!"

For any of you that REALLY know me you KNOW that I am NOT a morning person!  After a cup of coffee... maybe.  Depends on the morning.  But Madison knows how to start her mornings.  When I asked her where she was that morning on our Atlanta trip I was told that she was sitting outside in the sun having her quiet time.  I just love her for that... I mean, I love her for SO many things but one of the things I love with out a doubt is her NEED for God's word.  She not only wants to learn and grow but she has a NEED for it! 

During our conversation on Thursday night she told Katie and I that Deuteronomy completely rocked her world.  She said it took a good 2 months to get through it but she loved every second of it.  She also said that every time the word Israel is mentioned replace it with yourself.  After I got home that night I washed my face, put on some PJs and I crawled into bed with my bible and notebook... opened to Deuteronomy and dived in.  It was already past midnight at that point I didn't get very far since my eyelids felt like they were each 10 pounds but it was wonderful!  I can't wait to read more! 

My wonderful friend, Madison also said that she was going to text me every morning at 6AM when she wakes up for her quiet time.  I'm looking forward to having the best kind of alarm clock I can find!! haha! 




Today is Sunday and it's BEAUTIFUL... seriously gorgeous outside!  At church this morning we sang one of my favorites and I couldn't help but soak in ever word! 

GIVE ME FAITH
Give me faith to trust what You say

That You’re good and Your love is great
I’m broken inside, I give You my life

I may be weak

But Your Spirit’s strong in me
My flesh may fail
My God You never will



I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday... enjoy the sunshine!!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan