Slider

....a few things

February 10, 2011

So, with my new "I'm 24 and I'm going to be super healthy" attitude I have noticed a few things. 

  1.  I actually LOVE the gym!  I found myself last Friday wanting to go after work... but I couldn't because I had plans so I went Saturday morning at 9:30!!  Definitely a first for me.  
  2. However, one thing that I HATE about the gym is the skinny, annoying girls that show up with their make up just perfect... mascara, lip gloss, blush, the whole nine yards and the ENTIRE time they are playing with their phones and not even breaking a sweat!  Drives me CRAZY!  Grrrrr!!!
  3. Starting Weight Watchers again has been wonderful!!!  I'm thinking now about what I eat not because I want to lose weight but because I want to be as healthy as I can.  Especially with my family history. 
  4. Speaking of family history... my Grandmother is having surgery tomorrow morning since the blood isn't flowing to her feet because of her diabetes.  Diabetes runs in my family, on both sides... BUT most of my family that has had diabetes or currently has it does NOT take care of themselves like they should.  My Grandmothers parents both passed away with no legs.  The surgery she's having tomorrow morning is a pretty important surgery... they are going to go in through her groin to try and clear her veins so her foot will get blood flow.  BUT if this doesn't work the only option left is amputation.  Talk about a WAKE UP CALL 
I guess I've learned a lot in this first week of being 24!!!  I just hope I can keep it up, I'm really thinking of this as a Life Style Change... not just a change for a month and then back to my unhealthy habits.  Let's be honest... I will have my cheat days but that's a LOT better than my cheat months that I used to be a fan of!  

I would love it for everyone to keep my Grandmother in your prayers tomorrow and the next couple of weeks.  It's going to be a tough time for her and our family.  Thanks so much & I really appreciate it!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan