Slider

blameless.

March 23, 2011


I’m currently reading Job since I finished 1 Corinthians last week.  I’m not sure what made me choose Job… I opened my bible and that’s what I saw so I guess I took it as an answer from God that I should be learning from Job right now.  And Learning is DEFINITELY what I am doing.  Last night I read chapter 2 and I utterly feel like verse 10 is exactly what I need to soak in right now.  The book of Job is about a blameless man that Satan is trying to break down.  The Lord has complete faith in him because Job is one of His people. 

Below is Job 2:1-10


 1 One day the members of the heavenly courta]" came again to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them. 2“Where have you come from?” the Lord asked Satan.
   Satan answered the Lord, “I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that’s going on.”
 3 Then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil. And he has maintained his integrity, even though you urged me to harm him without cause.”
 4 Satan replied to the Lord, “Skin for skin! A man will give up everything he has to save his life. 5 But reach out and take away his health, and he will surely curse you to your face!”
 6 “All right, do with him as you please,” the Lord said to Satan. “But spare his life.” 7 So Satan left the Lord’s presence, and he struck Job with terrible boils from head to foot.
 8 Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes. 9 His wife said to him, “Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.”
 10 But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.

I wish I could be blameless… and have God COMPLETE Faith that I will not be tempted by sin.  I’m human, I make mistakes… I am forgiven daily for things I do because I have a loving Father that died for me so my sins can be washed away but that still doesn’t give me an excuse to sin. 
I don’t want to be like a 4 year old child that disobeys because I know my parents will forgive me.  I want to be a mature Christian Woman that makes decisions because that’s what GOD wants… not what I want.  I want to be blameless!
On another note, recently I feel like I am surrounded with sadness and despair… death, sickness, world suffering and scary health news for close friends of mine.  That made verse 10 even sweeter. 
Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?
No we shouldn’t… All bad news is scary but everything comes from God.  He gives us what he knows we can handle.  And that makes me feel stronger…


2 comments:

jillian said...

this post is so true and soooo convicting for me!

between a personally hard week and all the bad news around the world, it is so hard to stay positive. thanks for the awesome reminder!!

Cassie Eliya said...

Glad it helped... it was a nice reminder for me also! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan