Slider

A verse... and some randoms. YAY for Friday!

November 18, 2011


Tonight I am home alone with the pup. Sitting on the couch with my hot peppermint tea by my side and listening to Brooke Fraser Pandora. Those two things make me very happy. Hot peppermint tea makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and the wonderful music blessing my ears makes my heart smile. Nights like tonight are fabulous.

Don’t get me wrong, I really LOVE people and I definitely love my Mom but a girl can always use some alone time. Just some time to relax and regroup. This time of the year is always so hectic and busy so every chance I get to enjoy some peace and quiet I definitely take advantage.

I won’t be lazy and boring all night though… nope, I’m waiting for a call from my dear friend Madison! Then I will run off to Downtown Greenville to have a glass of wine and chat the night away. I’m so blessed to have such sweet women in my life! Last night before bed I was enjoying God’s word and this verse made me happy:

I’m glad to have women that make me a wise woman. Iron sharpens iron, right?
Without my ladies I think I would be pretty dull, just sayin’….  
I’m most definitely blessed!!


So, I thought it would be nice to share two of the random events that made me happy and this beautiful Friday...

1) The new mail guy came by at work and I guess he’s starting to feel more comfortable talking to me now…? He is from Ireland and has a heavy accent. When he walked in to pick up the afternoon mail he asked if I was Irish. I smiled and said, “yes… part Irish.”
He smiled really big and said “reeeaaally?”
I smiled and said “yes, freckles and all.”
He then went on to tell me that red heads are going extinct so he’s always happy to see a red head. Haha!!
Well, of course I couldn’t break his heart and tell him that I’m not a “real” red head, now could I?
So I smiled and said Thank you!


I’ve always said I was meant to be a red head and people that didn’t know “brown headed Cassie” always think its natural… that definitely makes me smile!

2) One of the guys at work came by my desk today and asked what my favorite beer was... I didn't think this was an odd question because it's a common subject among the men. I told him and he was a little surprised.  I guess because it's not a "girly" beer... after a small chat he walked off. A little later he walked in the door and placed a brown paper bag on my desk! I laughed... I'm so thankful for my job and the people I work with. When he sat it on my desk he said "Just a thank you for all you do". He's annoying most of the time so it was a nice change. ;) 

I guess he also found out I don't have cheap taste either....

I hope you all had a wonderful week!!! Enjoy your weekend, I know it's going to be beautiful around here and I plan on soaking in every second!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan