Slider

Crazy little thing called Love!

December 17, 2011


Yes, I’m still ALIVE. December is busy… who would have thunk it? One thing I love about December is all the LOVE! I always make a point to watch Love Actually because lets be honest, I could watch it every single day! LOVE that movie any time of the year but it definitely has as special meaning in December and it always makes me realize all the love that I have around me.

It’s in my Mom’s panic to find the perfect gifts every year even when I tell her I don’t need anything. It’s the random phone calls from friends just to say hello.  It’s the memories that I think of when I miss both of my Grandpas. It’s the memories that I am creating with those I still have in my life. It’s the excitement I feel for my 2 best friends as they start a new chapter in their life as a future wife.

Most of all, it’s the thankfulness I feel in my heart when I read Matthew 2:10-11:
“When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.”

During the past few weeks my church has been teaching about the arrival of Jesus and the different people it affected. Last Sunday the pastor ended the service saying this, “Christmas is about a bunch of rich folks putting their face in the dirt and worshiping a true King” and that’s the truth. We have to LOVE Him enough to put ourselves below Him because it’s not about US. It’s all about Him. He is Love.

Hope you all are having a wonderful December and even with all the hustle and bustle you can stop to enjoy the love around you because it really is all around, we just have to take a second to notice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan