Slider

A new year...

December 27, 2011


Hello Monday, I mean Tuesday…. Seriously, that’s how I have felt all day. I was so bummed when I realized it was Tuesday for one reason. No Chicken Enchilada Soup!!!! So tragic, you know the stuff is amazingly good when you wish it were Monday.

However, it is Tuesday which means almost half the work week is gone! I love long Holiday weekends!!!

Back in November I started a new morning and evening devotional with an iPhone app and I sincerely love it! If you have an iPhone and want something simple and short to read on a daily basis check it out! The “Holy Bible” app has a ton of daily devotions to pick from.

I’m currently at on day 29 of my 366 day plan and each day seems better than the one before. Last night before I went to sleep I read from Luke 2:20.
“The sheepherders returned and let loose, glorifying and praising God for everything they had heard and seen. It turned out exactly the way they’d been told!” {The Message Version}
The devotion went along saying that we should copy the shepherds on a daily basis, praising with excitement that God did provide us with His Son for our salvation and how that praise is the sweetest music to Him. Then I read this and I absolutely LOVED it:
“It is not enough to hear about Jesus: mere hearing may tune the harp, but the fingers of living faith must create the music.”

I think that’s so beautiful… that by living my life for Christ it’s as if I am playing music for Him. My prayer for the New Year ahead is for my Lord to hear new songs from me daily. Always growing and not pressing repeat with a song I already know. I want to expand my horizons in every way so I can become closer to Him and His Kingdom.

I’m not sure what that will mean for my life but I have a feeling 2012 will be amazing & I’m so looking forward to it!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan