Slider

devoted

February 23, 2012

Last night I was catching up on the service I missed at my church {Grace Church} over the weekend since I was out of town and as usual it hit right at home. 

Devotion......
1. profound dedication; consecration. 
2. an earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc.

What am I devoted to? What are you devoted to?

Acts 2:42 says, "All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayers."

Devotion doesn't explain a type of relationship. It shows the depth of a relationship. I can't help but wonder what depth God sees when he looks at me. Christians should give with Joy and Generosity (Acts 2:46). 

Not give with a timid and lazy hand. Only giving what we HAVE to give or what we know we can do without. 

So whenever I am standing in judgement one day I want to be able to express my devotion to one thing. 
His Kingdom. 

That is my prayer, my deep desire. To become more and more devoted to my Fathers Kingdom every day. Stepping up when I need to. Giving tithes on a regular basis. Striving for every move I make to further the Kingdom that I do not deserve but He freely gave. 

Yes, my heart is spoken for so it only makes sense that it should be completed and utterly devoted to my Jesus.

1 comment:

a m b e r said...

your heart is so beautiful! this post is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan