Slider

Letter to Mom!

May 14, 2012


Mom,

I wish I could explain in words how thankful I am to have you in my life. I know I say it often but it is so wonderful to have a mom that is also a best friend. You were my first friend and I love that we got to grow up together. ;) As I grow older I realize more every day how deep your love is for not only me but for our family and friends. We are all so lucky to have you in our life.

I’m also thankful for the many things that you have taught me the past 25 years. Some of my favorites are….

How to give awesome, tight squeezing hugs.
How to appreciate the small things.
How to enjoy a glass of wine…. And how to put bottles in a bag.
How to cook some awesome pasta.
The importance of pictures.
Planning is always a must.
….even if it means looking at menus before going to a restaurant so you will know what you want to eat.
How to clean when you are irritated… and how when you aren’t irritated music will make all the difference.
Understanding the need of twizzlers for a roadtrip.
The deep love of Mexican food and how it’s perfectly reasonable to want it every day.


All of these are things that I love about you and I’m glad that they have rubbed off on me! Over the past few years I have thought and said things and instantly made me feel like you were talking for me… haha, when this happens I can’t help but smile. And one of my most favorite things is when we either laugh or say something in a conversation and it’s so similar I wonder if I did anything at all.

So thanks, Mom!!! Thanks for loving me, thanks for birthing me… even if it took over a day of labor; I apologize for being stubborn from the beginning. I apologize for usually waiting till the last minute on anything that should take longer than 15 minutes to complete. Please forgive me for my snoozing, over sleeping mornings. And I forgive you for popping me on the head with that wooden brush when I rolled my eyes at you as a teenager. Thanks to you I always think twice before I roll my eyes and that’s what Moms are for, right??

I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day… you deserve it!
Love you so much!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan