Slider

All On A Quiet Tuesday Morning.

July 12, 2012




This morning while doing my usual “Pinterest Checking” I saw the quote above. My eyes instantly filled with tears. I was baffled. That’s what I want… to surrender everything and live for Him. Walk toward Him instead of all other things, leaving behind anything that isn't pushing me toward Jesus.

There are a lot of things that I have decided to walk away from in the past few months. Some are little, some are big, but they are all things that weren't driving me toward His grace and love. I thought about listing the things that I cut out of my life but I didn't want to come across as self righteous. I actually typed everything out but then with one easy motion I erased all of it. My Lord and Savior knows what I have removed and refilled with Him and that’s all that matters to me.
He knows.

After reading the picture above I went to read my daily devotion from #shereadstruth….
 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 26And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? {Matthew 16:24-26 NLT}
I couldn't believe it… It always amazes me how God meets us right where we are. He knows how to get our attention and if we turn to Him we will find a security that no worldly goods can give.
This cross that I've taken up can get heavy. It can become difficult to carry. Honestly, it gets in the way sometimes. But it is the best thing I've ever picked up because in the hard times when I turn toward the cross, its then that I realize I’m not carrying it at all… it’s always been carrying me and pointing me in the right direction. I just have to be still and listen. And sometimes on a quiet Thursday morning it all settles in place as I rest in His grace. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan