Slider

a book.

October 29, 2012

While I waited on the plane to Texas a couple weeks ago I spent some time looking at the magazines and books for the long flight. I got a little excited when I saw the one book I’ve been dying to read lately, Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman. Without even thinking I grabbed the book and had to buy it. No, Peter and I were not engaged but we were having many conversations about our future together and I knew he would be my husband so I couldn’t wait to start reading the book.

One of the many things I loved about this book is the quote below.

“This is not a book on how to plan a wedding. 
This is a book on how to have a successful marriage.”

Duh, all of the wedding plans are fun but the most important planning for me is my preparation to become wife. I pray to become a godly wife that mirrors what the bible says a wife should be. I want to be a wife that will support her husband and love him even when I don’t always agree with him, because we all know that will happen. I want to be the happiness on that crappy bad day. I want to become a wife…. not just a bride. So, I dived into this book and thought about our relationship. Making mental notes and reminders about things I felt were important to talk about. I read for almost the entire flight and then I packed the book away excited to spend a wonderful weekend with my boyfriend having no idea that he was going to be my fiancé in just thirty something hours.


I’m not going to lie… it feels a little bit more exciting to read this book now and see my new ring on my finger. When I am reading it I’m underlining and highlighting and circling important things. When I am finished I’m going to give it to Peter so he can do the same then we can go through our concerns together. I’m so excited about the many changes ahead but most of all I’m thrilled about who I get to experience them with.

This book really is so wonderful for all seasons of life.
single, dating, engaged or married... it has some great information to help you prepare for marriage or settle into marriage so go pick it up and enjoy! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan