Slider

shake it off.

January 24, 2013

Over that past few weeks I’ve been allowing something to bother me. One of those things that you know you aren’t in control of but you still let it drive you crazy and even make you a little bit mad. I hate it when I feel this way… I know that I am who I am. I am a believer and I am forgiven. I am a hard worker. I am a rule follower. I appreciate words of affirmation. I could go on and on with little details about myself but the most important part of me is my heart and who it belongs to. He is in control of my days and I know He is trying to teach me something… I can only pray that I realize what that is before I drive myself mad.

During all this frustration I started the new SheReadsTruth study this week and I honestly don’t think it could have come at a better time. The first day of the study explained “What we think is what we become” and I know it seems pretty simple but when I read those words I felt a light bulb turn on! Negative thoughts create a negative attitude. Duh, Cassie. With that I snapped out of it. I’m going to do my best to not let the little things annoy me. All the things that I have no control over will not control me. I pray that I will stay positive and with that attitude my surroundings will change also. Life is too short and way too sweet to focus on the bad. In the words of Florence…. “And it’s hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off!”

When I saw this view at work yesterday I realized that every day is a new day and what you choose to do with that day is in your hands. You can choose to be bitter and angry, or you can choose to have a heart like God... forgive and love even when its hard because thats exactly what he does for us every single morning. Forgive & Love.

"don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philipians 4:6-7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan