Slider

Thanks-Living // February

February 28, 2013


This past weekend in Colorado was everything I hoped it would be. Even with the terrible cold I had {and now known ear infection} I still enjoyed all the fun with my future extended family! You know when you have vacations planned and you build up the time ahead so much that when your trip is finished you almost feel let down? That is something I never have to worry about when I have days planned with the Eliya family. The time always goes by too quickly and I'm left wanting more. Of course I am happy to come home since vacations always help me realize how thankful I am for home but I also feel an overwhelming thankfulness for the people I have in my life. The love that is within this family makes my heart warm and I'm so happy I am going to be apart of all the fun times ahead. I spent the weekend with new friends and a few old friends too so I really couldn't ask for more! it really was perfect except for the rude way the Colorado altitude kicked my butt. That really was uncalled for, Breckinridge!!

Seriously though... Spending time in such a beautiful place gave me moments to stand back and just look. Look at the way The Lord made the mountains and sky meet in the most perfect way and then covered everything with the most peaceful snow. It really was something. My soul was happy and content even though my throat and nose would beg to differ. On the last night we were all together we all crowded together in one of the cabins playing games and watching The Oscars. I wasn't feeling well at all {honestly it was the most horrible I had felt all weekend} but everything seemed perfect. The snow had stopped falling which lead to a perfect night of walking in the beautiful downtown Breckinridge city and then we were all bundled up in the toasty living room by the fire and I felt like I belonged. This family is such a blessing and I'm so thankful to become a part of it. I'm so thankful that Peter chose me. And I'm thankful that I don't take any of this for granted. It's really wonderful what a long weekend in a perfect little snow globe can do for your outlook on life.










































Until next time, Colorado!

And I am gladly linking up with Leslie at Top of the Page

topofthepagewithleslie

1 comment:

Beth Branstetter said...

Breckenridge is one of my favorite Colorado towns...and my favorite place to ski. :) Looks like a wonderful vacation! Stopping by from the Thanksliving link up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan