Slider

delight.

June 18, 2013

Last night was the last meeting for my Ezer study group and I'm so happy that we decided to do another bible study together. This group of women is so wonderful and I'm so thankful that I had a chance to be a part of it. It's amazing how we are all so different but still so similar. I've always wished I could find a group of "church girls" to connect with but it hasn't ever happened. When I decided to sign up for this study I was hopeful for a connection and I had a good feeling about it. Normally I am the type of person to quit something half way through but each week I found myself looking forward to our weekly meeting and every week would last a little longer thanks to the talking and laughing after and before our Ezer discussions. 

This is normally where I would add some pictures from our weekly meetings. Sharing all the yummy snacks, the beautiful faces and the little details of our study but the pictures I have can't be used. I prefer to keep these new friendships so I won't share our big smiling faces all covered in a delightful, green face mask from our lovely spa night. That would just be rude.

I will however tell you that I've enjoyed every second with these wonderful women and I am so thankful for them already. I can't wait to see how God will move within our friendships during the next study and hopefully the many after that. I'm looking forward to all the honest and open talks about our struggles and our doubts. I can't wait for many more moments when we are all laughing (and snorting) so hard that we can't help but cry. I'm excited about the growth within our group and the growth within myself because of all the love and knowledge that these ladies will pour into my life. The following quote is from the Ezer study and I absolutely love it.... 

"True beauty, true delight is found in a woman who is fearfully and wonderfully made and who reflects the image of God within her. Being a source of delight to others is not marginalizing, nor is it weakness." 

These women are a source of delight for me and I pray that I can be the same to them. I am praying for the Lord to prepare my heart during the next two weeks off so I will be ready for this next step. I'm so looking forward to it, I know it will be amazing!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan