Slider

Five years.

July 16, 2013

Five years ago today I went on my first date with my future husband. Thinking back on that night I can’t help but laugh to myself. I honestly never dreamed I would marry that man. Of course the more I got to know Peter I had my hopes and dreams about our future together but I didn't think I could “catch him” and in a strange way I guess I couldn't.

My thought process on dating and relationships has changed so much over the past five years. To begin with, my focus was not on the Lord at all. I put most of my energy into myself and what I wanted at the time instead of striving for a closer relationship to God. Yes, I went to church on Sunday mornings when I forced myself to get out of bed after a late Saturday night but that was about it. My heart wasn't in the right place. 

I guess that’s why I can’t help but laugh a little bit when I think about how much as changed. How much HE as changed me. How I finally “let” Him change my little world around. Of course life isn't perfect and there will always be room for improvement but I do know that He is sovereign and loving in every move He makes and I’m so thankful that I can look back and see that in my life. I can see the Lord so clearly in my relationship with Peter now and that is the most wonderful part about this season we are in. The way that we have "caught" each other within His guided path. 

Tonight we are celebrating our five year (kind of sorta) anniversary with our second marriage counseling meeting. I honestly can’t think of a better way to spend it and for that I am extremely thankful. I am really enjoying this time right now as we prepare to become husband and wife. It is such a happy season and I’m glad we can celebrate it together. 

and Peter... I'll let you buy me some sushi this weekend, you know, for old times sake. ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan