Slider

Love Day.

February 14, 2014

During this week while everyone prepared for the big day of love today {and tried to overcome the crazy amounts of snow everywhere} I was struggling a little bit with what to do for this Holiday. Last year I celebrated with my fiance and it was honestly my least favorite Valentines day with him. I decided that we should make reservations downtown and go to a very busy restaurant and sit in a very crowded room at a table set awkwardly where a walk way clearly should have been. Just ask my purse that was knocked off my chair multiple times. We were packed in a room like sardines. Being rushed through our meal so they could squeeze in the next couple. I remember thinking that we HAD to celebrate because that's what you do with your almost husband on Valentines day. You show them you love them out in public with everyone else and you buy them a watch that ends up not working very well at all. So silly.

a little Vday decorations on our mantle

I now look at Valentines day in a brand new light. I want to be at home with my husband. Cooking dinner together while sharing a bottle of wine. Not exchanging gifts at all because I don't want this holiday to be about material things. I want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and our cups of hot tea and watch a movie on Netflix. I might even let him pick a foreign film and force myself to read all those little subtitles because he loves it. And because I love him. I love the way he makes me feel and I really love being his wife. 

So tonight we will be doing that. Not fighting traffic and searching for a parking spot so we can be rushed through a meal while I'm wearing uncomfortable heels. No, we will not be doing that. 

Power to those of you that venture out into the world on Valentines Day.
This holiday is about sharing love with your loved ones so how ever you choose to do it
I hope it is absolutely perfect.
Happy Love Day!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan