Slider

Hands On Greenville.

May 5, 2014

Over the weekend we got to participate in HOG day with our church! When we were talking about the options as a group and traveling to Powdersville (about a 25 minute drive) came up I was interested since that is where I grew up. I didn’t move to Greenville until my sophomore year of High School so my "growing up years" was spent in Powdersville. Then I found out that we would actually be working at my elementary school! I squealed. It was exciting!! 



Once we arrived to the school to start work I had such a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. I have so many memories of this place. They may be really small and distant memories but they are still special memories. This is where I became a little girl. Where I made friends for the first time. Where I learned responsibility.
I also didn't expect to be so emotional about working at the school with Peter. I just kept thinking about little, baby Cassie and all the dreams she had when she walked the halls every day. I thought about my first crush and how I would think about meeting my Prince Charming one day. It was a little full circle kind of moment for me. It sounds cheesy and silly but it was so gratifying to return to my school after such a long time with the man that I love. The person who I will create a family with. It was fun day!

Plus, it is nice to check off my #1 task on my 101 in 1001 list! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan