Slider

In The Word // 1 John 4:19

June 3, 2014

I've been having a lot of feelings lately about expectations within my life with Christ. There are days where I beat myself down and feel like I’m a complete hypocrite because of the way my heart feels torn at times. I want to bear his image and show kindness and love toward everyone but at the same time, that sneaky enemy creeps in and causes confusion. I become selfish, angry, judgmental, and even prideful.  Then I remembered this verse. Something so simple and straightforward. Love.


I don’t want to sound like a broken record since this post is very similar as last weeks post but I can’t say that the same feelings I had one week ago have moved on. I’m still struggling with this area of my heart right now, so instead of changing the subject, I want to dig deeper in this part of my life right now.



Life can be so messy sometimes. We are always going to be surrounded by others that you don’t see eye to eye with. We are all very different, and that is okay. God made us all different for a reason. We believe different things and we are allowed to do so, but when that belief in something becomes more important than WHO you believe in, I think that is when people become hurtful. At the end of the day, I know it all comes down to our own personal relationship with Christ. At the end of the day, the heart is what is most important. I know mine is not perfect, trust me, but I also know that it is consumed with HIM and that makes a difference. That makes me want to become better. Continue to be nice. Continue loving.


I came across this image on Instagram last week and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Yes. That is it… just love. No matter what.
Don’t judge. Don’t gossip. Don’t push away.
Reach deep inside and show love from Him.


So my prayer for this new week ahead is that I stop. Stop letting others get to me. Stop listening to my head and shutting out my heart. Stop holding on to anger. That is the enemy working, not my Savior. It is hard, but I pray to be the better person this week. Loving others despite of their ugliness they continue to show, even when it is hard. Listening to my better half as he builds me up and supports me, showing me the best earthly love and points me toward our heavenly love. Sharing HIS love together, no matter what.

Please link up with me and the other Cassie and share you heart with us!
The link up will be open for a full week so anytime is welcome,
we just love to hear what the Lord is doing in your life.
 photo sagetheblogsweetnessitself.png
 
 

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

Loving others without judging is exactly what my post is about today :) Love your honesty, Cassie. And yeah, it's always a process. I get down on myself for not "fixing" something in my heart right away. I love the quote above that says "Keep it simple. Love everybody."

Cassie Lee said...

I love this- seems like He is doing very similar work in our hearts lately!

Victoria B said...

I love this! I have been studying Philippians and it has been so good for my heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan