Slider

His Name.

March 16, 2015



One thing that I have learned about marriage is it takes work and time. I'm not saying it isn't fun, I love the work and the time put into this relationship, but it is really easy to lose sight on the most important relationship I have. The lyrics below from Bethany Dillon's song Say Your Name hit home for me. 

i’m trying to find a moment with You, these days are speeding by
this ring gives me a new point of view, i’m a dealer in my time
& if I can make a confession, my time is torn between 
the man who has won my affection, & the God who made me
oh, it all looks different
but that doesn’t mean anything has changed

still I reach for You.... when I am afraid.... & this breath that comes from You.... helps me say Your name

I know that time is precious and that my time should be spent at His feet everyday, but it is so easy to lose touch when I have a man in front of me that needs my attention. I also know that time will only grow more full when we have this little one here. Even then I want to keep His Name at the front of my mind. Being thankful and finding His Grace for my life in every moment. 

At church on Saturday night (yes, I looooove that our church has Saturday night service!) the pastor hammered all of this in place for me. It is a funny thing when you are thinking and praying about something and then God places it all in your lap to take a look at. We are going through the book of James at church and this passage was so wonderful to hear: 

{James 1} 22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. 23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. 

I have to make time for His word. I have to set aside moments in my day for Him alone. I need it. I have to learn His word and do what it says, living it out. That is what I am called to do as His child. Before I am a wife, and before I am a mother, I am his child. That is the most important role in this life, the only thing that will matter in the next life with Him. 

3 comments:

Leelee said...

I love this song. I remember hearing Bethany Dillon perform it live months before the album was released and having to wait for so long to hear it again. It is by far the most poignant of all of her songs.

CassieEliya said...

That is exactly how I feel about her song, For Those Who Wait, from her most recent EP. I saw her here in Greenville and heard that song then I had to wait forever for the EP to come out... love all her music!!

Leelee said...

I didn't know she had a new EP. I must find it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan