Slider

to my baby boy.

May 8, 2015




May 1, 2015

Dear Solomon,
Sweet baby boy, I'm still so shocked and excited that you will be our boy. Like I have said many times, I always thought I would be a momma of boys and I am so thrilled about it.

I feel you moving and dancing more every day. You love music, and when it is turned off you start kicking away, like you are asking for the music to come back on. I'm starting to think you will be an amazing drum player one day. At church a few weeks ago, after the worship was completed you did this, banging away - as if you were asking where the music went. I couldn't help but smile and rub my belly in hopes that you always love to worship our Heavenly Father. I pray for your heart a lot. I pray that you will be sweet and kind, that you will yearn for our Father's love. I pray that your name will mean something to you. Solomon means peaceful and I hope that the peace you will feel in your heart will come from the Lord. The best kind of peace we can know.

I also pray that my heart will be able to lead you in that direction. I want it to be evident that God is first in our life. I want you to know that I love Him. That your Dad and I both need Him every day. I hope that the love that your daddy and I have for each other will mirror the great love of Jesus, and that you will know our love is true, but also know we are not perfect. Through all of the lessons ahead I pray that we all show grace to each other and ask God for forgiveness every chance we get. Just like you, we are sinners, and this is our first time around with this parenting thing. We will learn, and we will love you!

I'm so looking forward to September so I can finally hold you in my arms. I can kiss your cheeks (oh man, the number of kisses you will get from me, sorry in advance!) and touch your fingers and toes, and love on you with all my heart. I can't wait for that magical moment when our eyes meet for the first time.

Love you to the moon and back,
momma

3 comments:

Cassie Lee said...

WAHHHHH. Too many feels for 8am on a Friday morning haha

Julie Hood said...

Awwww! This is so beautiful! Especially the part about him loving worship and kicking away ;) worship has always been a big part of my life, so I'd want to see my kids love it too!!

CassieEliya said...

Same here, I've always loved worship and music so it makes me happy when he kicks around for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan