Slider

the nursery, so far.

July 14, 2015

Working on the nursery has been one of the most fun things ever! Peter has said a few times, "his room is going to be the best room in the house!", ooops, he may be right. I can't help it!! Of course I started out with a plan and some ideas for the nursery and once all the pieces started to come together I realized it wasn't going to work. Below is what we started with....


The daybed is a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be so it didn't fit well on the entry wall of the room. I was trying to figure out how everything was going to make sense and with some discussions with my mom and friends, we realized that the daybed and crib needed to switch places. The sizes made more sense that way. Now the adorable room is looking like this!!


Of course I have to give a HUGE shout out to my wonderful, baby daddy, for all of his hard work! The furniture started out my thing... I did the crib almost all by myself, and the side table was all me! But, then the pieces started to get bigger, and well, I started to get a lot bigger also, and the building nights turned into Peter screwing things together while I lied back on pillows in the floor for moral support. It was fun though, and I'm so glad we got to work on everything together for our little boy!

We had a lot of help from my Mom, also. She helped with some painting (she painted the room while we were on our Babymoon, and we were so thankful!!) and staining (all the wood pieces in the room that weren't the right shade of wood, yes... I'm talking about all those knobs!), so she deserves one big hug and a huge thank you! I don't know what I'd do with out her.

All we have left is the decorating side which is what I'm most excited about!! Peter's Mom is going to help me hem the curtains and make the crib skirt! After that, will be adding in all the final touches and making the crib look complete once we have the mattress. I'm so excited to bring our little boy home to his precious room... it gives me butterflies when I think about it!

4 comments:

socalledhomemaker said...

It looks so cute so far! I can't wait to see the finished product.

CassieEliya said...

thank you!!! I love it, so excited to get everything finished!!

Cassie Lee said...

I looooove it!!!!

CassieEliya said...

woohoooo!!!! Me too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan