Slider

messy motherhood.

November 10, 2015

When I wrote my post about breast feeding I was coming from a very selfish point of view. I was thinking about my own little world, not all the other mothers around. Because of that I realize that some of the things I said could have been hurtful. After thinking about that, I couldn't help but think about how this life of motherhood can be so messy. 

Messy in many ways... the physical aspect of being covered in milk, pee, poop, spit up & only God knows what else; and then there is the messy emotional side. The less fun side. It is so easy to compare and judge our experience with others, even when we don't realize we are doing it. We watch each other and plan our way of doing things, always thinking our way is the best way, but at the end of the day, it is.... because your way is what works best for you and your family. Breast feeding, pumping, formula, co-sleeping, crib sleeping, crying it out, etc. 

We do what we do, and that is okay. That is what motherhood is about. It makes me think about this video that my sis-in-law sent me a few  weeks ago, take a few moments to watch it if you can....


I just cried. Like tears running down my cheeks while sitting on the couch and then I looked over at my sleeping babe in his swing and realized something. The love that I have for my baby is the same love that every mother has for their baby. That intense, selfless, unexplainable bond that you have with your baby no matter what decisions you make.

So, I apologize if my post last week offended anyone. I did not intend that at all and I never want to make another mom feel that I am judging her in any way. We are all on this journey together and at the end of the day, our babies are ours. God gave them to each one of us and He knew what He was doing. He knew that your love would be the best love for them. He knew what He was doing. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan