Slider

Sights + Seats // Angel Oak Restaurant

April 13, 2016

A friend of ours gave us the recommendation to try out the Angel Oak Restaurant and after her description of the place, I knew we had to go at some point. Last night was rainy in Charleston so we wanted to take a drive to dinner instead of walking like we normally do when we stay downtown. Peter reminded me of the restaurant and I called to make a reservation once I checked out their website. Small, farm to table, delicious... all great things in our book! 

We decided to try the crab cake appetizer to share. It was so good, juicy lump crab meat and the peppery crunch from the arugula on top was so great with it. 

I had to choose the shrimp and grits after reading the description on the menu. They were not your normal shrimp and grits. And fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese grits, yes and yes! 

I'm never a fan of salmon but I have to say, Peter's meal was incredible. I think I could have eaten the entire plate. The sides were also out of this world, the best candied brussel sprouts (OMG) and mashed potato croquettes which pretty much means fried balls of mashed potatoes. Incredible!

Then, I decided I had to try the banana pudding and the waiter brought out something even better. He didn't realize that the chef had changed the banana pudding to strawberry pudding. I had never even heard of that... that's a thing, I thought?!? With chocolate sauce?? I was a little apprehensive at first but it was even better than banana pudding!


If you find yourself in Charleston and want to take a little drive away from downtown, please drive straight to Angel Oak! You won't be disappointed, I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan