Slider

working on work.

June 7, 2016


I truly believe that motherhood is just an awesome way to teach you how to eat your words. A wonderful way of teaching you that you are not in control. I'm thankful everyday that my heart truly knows who is in control. Jesus gives me patience, and when I lose that patience, He gives me grace. I pray so often that my mothering can mirror His love for me. Patience, Grace, Understanding & Love. 

We have been working through the book of Ephesians at our church for the past few months and I've really enjoyed it. A couple of weeks ago, while in chapter 6, the following verse really spoke to me.... 

Ephesians 6:7 
Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. 


Service is an act of worship. The work that the Lord has given me is a way for me to worship Him. Obeying enthusiastically pleases Him, and I want to please Him so badly. I'm so thankful that He has given me this family to love. I'm thankful every day that I have the opportunity to stay at home and be a mom full time. All mom's are a full time mom, but I'm glad that I can do the job at home. The pastor said something in the sermon that hit me like a ton of bricks.

 ..........the quality of our work shows the depth of our faith.

In the nights of teething when I want to lose my cool and I am aggravated and sleep deprived, that work I have to do, is given to me by the Lord. He knows I can handle it, He has given me the chance to do the work with a happy heart. Rocking and swaying with a 20+ pound baby on my chest that will scream and cry if I try and sit or lay down is work. You better believe that is work! But, it is work for Him. I was singing a song to Solomon the other night while I was experiencing the back pain and the sore arms from hours of swaying and bobbing that heavy boy on my chest. 

Holy Spirit, you are welcome here. come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for. to be overcome by Your presence, Lord. 

Service is an act of worship. Without even thinking about it, in a hard moment of motherhood when I wanted to go to sleep and not have a crying baby on my chest, I chose to worship. Looking back at it now I have tears in my eyes from living that moment. Not even aware of the motions I was taking, but letting the Holy Spirit move in that dark room. 



This season as a wife and a mom is my act of service. I have the opportunity to be an Ezer for Peter and teach Solomon about the love of Christ. It is so much more than holding hands and saying our prayers before dinner. It is in the little moments of our days and nights where I can allow myself to worship and lift up Christ to him. Showing him the reason why we are all here, to work for His kingdom. Enthusiastically working for His kingdom. 



This is one of those times when I started out writing a blog post that turned into a completely different post. I like to think that is God's way of speaking through me, when He takes control of my fingers and goes crazy with my words and my heart. I'm so thankful that I have this outlet and can freely share my heart and my Jesus this way. 

(The pictures for this post are from a sweet afternoon out in the yard when our boy was very happy outside, before the crazy night of crying and screaming.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan