Slider

park dates.

November 9, 2016


At least once a week, my friend Jill and I, meet at the park with our boys to let them play. We also walk at least a mile (it has to be a mile, right, Jill???) or until one of the boys are kicking and screaming to play. It is so wonderful to get some vitamin D and fresh air. It's also such a gift to have a friend that is so similar with parenting styles. Open conversations, no judgement & having a chance to bounce ideas off of one another, and sharing stories from the crazy life of being a stay at home mom. 

     How killer does she look... such a beautiful pregnant super mom^^^


Being a stay at home mom has always been a huge dream of mine & I'm thankful every day for the blessing of being able to live that dream. But recently, I have been struggling with the concern that it might not be enough. I guess it could be some kind of one year itch, or more likely, the devil weaseling his way into the small crevices of my heart, that aren't being filled with God and His perfect peace. I started toying with the idea of doing a little something for fun, to earn some money as well. After a week or two of "thinking" about it, it was pretty obvious that was not the best idea. Peter gently (so thankful that he is always so gentle) reminded me of how important my job is. And like I said, I'm so thankful that I have the freedom to be a full time wife and mom, and nothing else. That is a HUGE blessing. Within 10 minutes of deciding to skip the pipe dream idea, I felt so much relief and steadiness. 

I truly believe that this season of life is going to be hard. The days are going to be long, the weeks are going to fly by, and before you know it my baby boy will be a big boy. So I'm going to settle into my place on the messy living room floor to play; reading all the books, building the legos, and I'm going to do it with a grateful heart. This is my dream & I'm so blessed to be living it!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan