Slider

Pregnancy Post // the past eight weeks.

June 8, 2017

I'm so thankful for all the love and sweet comments we have received about our new little babe to join our family. It really is so surreal to experience everything all over again. I'm so thankful that God has given me this opportunity and privledge to grow a life and raise another baby. I pray that his or her heart will love Him fully one day and that they will yearn for His kingdom and not this world. Motherhood is such a blessing and also a heavy task, which I do not take lightly. 

We all know how I love the little details in most things with life, and I especially love to keep track of them here on the blog. I love looking back at all the pregnancy details from when I was pregnant with Solomon, so I thought I would do something similar this time around. I'm going to tweak it a bit and make it a little easier to share, but I do want to remember all the important details this time, too!


Let's start at the beginning........ 

April 8th, 2017 
I took a test because I was feeling really off and possibly pregnant but I wasn't sure if I was making it up in my head. After taking a test and seeing a very faint positive line I was shocked. I was super tired all the time, had really bad headaches for days, and was feeling really sore while Solomon nursed so it made sense but I didn't believe it. I somehow felt like it wasn't right. The next day I took another test and it was negative. Then a few days later I took another and it was also negative. I then realized that I had a very rare false positive. My heart was hurting much more than I expected, but seeing that positive test and then realizing that there was no baby, was really hard. I didn't expect things to happen quickly this time around but that little bit of false hope stung. After some heart to heart talks with my husband, my mom and some sweet girl friends, I knew that I needed to relax and place our family in God's hands. I knew in my heart that he had everything sorted out and my stress and concern would only make things harder in the long run. 


April 23, 2017
After our week in Asheville I knew I wanted to take a test since I had a few feelings that made me think that I could be pregnant. When I woke up on Sunday morning, after a night of crazy dreams, I knew it was a high chance. I only dream when I'm pregnant, so after constant random and weird dreaming all night, I had to check! We had a busy morning teaching Sunday school at church, and lunch at Peter's mom's house like always, so I waited till after Solomon was down for his nap to take a test. The line showed instantly and I was so shocked. Peter couldn't believe it either, it was such a wonderful Sunday afternoon surprise for us! I was technically 4 weeks and 2 days when I found out. I definitely had a hard time believing it was true even with all the signs and feelings that I was having. After the false positive the weeks before, I took several tests over the next few weeks, but I didn't have a real peace of mind until we saw that sweet baby on an ultrasound. The amount of fear that the enemy put in my head was a real struggle for me, but I'm so thankful that all is going well and we have a healthy growing baby!

Now on to the details..........


  • Nauseous at random times all day long, and always after I eat anything, but no food aversions.
  • Zits like crazy, those really painful deep zits that you can't even pop.
  • Cramping and backaches and so tired every afternoon but I can't seem to nap when Solomon naps, I just want to crash once he wakes up around 4.
  • Had a dream where I woke up almost crying because Daryl died on an episode of The Walking Dead. See, such strange dreams!!!
  • Our nighttime routine has been pretty rough lately since I still nurse Solomon to sleep before bed and before naptime. I have also noticed a huge drop in my supply since I found out I was pregnant and he seems to take forever to fall asleep because he isn't satisfied like before. It makes me sad since this is usually my favorite part of the day. 



  • Emooooootional! I can hardly get through an episode of Grey's Anatomy without crying, which is very abnormal for me. 
  • Each days nausea seems worse than the one before.... I keep waiting to actually throw up at some point. Nights are really bad.
  • The cleaning schedule has gone out the window which I really hate but I have no energy or desire to do anything.
  • So many zits in my T-zone area, especially around my nose.



  • Celebrated Mother's Day! So excited to officially have two babies to be thankful for on this sweet day. 
  • Experiencing a lot of cramping and a very small bump is starting to appear, I guess the second is going to show a lot faster!
  • Sleeping really hard and still having crazy dreams.... the funnies one so far, I actually had twins and we were leaving the hospital with Solomon in his car seat but the babies were in shoe boxes and there was a boy shoe box and a girl shoe box. Once we got home I couldn't find the girl shoe box and I was freaking out, Peter didn't seem upset or concerned at all. I woke up really stressed and freaking out, ha!
  • Nursing is getting more and more uncomfortable but we are officially only nursing before bed and first thing in the morning. Two times a day is a huge cutback but he doesn't seem to mind now that there isn't much to drink. The naptime routine has gone from an hour long process to 5-10 minutes. 
  • Still a lot of zits, Peter confirmed that I had painful zits in my ears when I was pregnant with Solomon, and I have them again. Such a weird and annoying symptom. 



  • Really thankful that we have weaned all day nursing now because it is so painful and my supply is so low it seems pointless the one time he does it at night and in the morning. He seems more frustrated at night so we are going to stop that after our trip to the beach. 
  • My skin seems to be clearing up! Yay!! Well, just kidding... no it's not.
  • Nausea is really bad in the afternoon and night. Pretty much feel sick anytime I eat now but I still want to eat, especially dill pickles, they are my favorite. Such a cliche!
  • Can't cook at all, especially any meat. Poor Peter is living on grilled cheese, or he's cooking, or my mom is cooking for us!
  • We had our first appointment and got to see and hear that sweet heart beat on daddy's birthday! It was a great day as a family celebrating!! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan