Slider

Asher // one month.

January 29, 2018


Asher,
I can't believe you are already one month old. The past month has flown by so quickly and it's crazy how much you have changed already. I feel like those newborn days are already gone. You are such a big boy and you love to drink your milk. Almost everyone who holds you says "wow, he's solid!". You are solid and I'm so proud of you and all that you have accomplished already in this crazy life. You are our happy boy but I can tell you will have quite a personality. I pray that you will grow into a sweet and kind little boy, who will eventually grow into a good man after God's heart.

The days and nights aren't much of a blur anymore since you are a great sleeper most of the time. There have been a handful of nights that have been long and hard, but those are few and far between. I'm hoping you keep that up!!! You are also looking more and more like your daddy these days which I love so much!! You still look like your big brother when you are sleeping, but as soon as your eyes are open and you are looking around, you are your daddy! I can't wait to see how you change in the months ahead and watch your personality come to life! I'm so happy that you are a part of our life now. I can't imagine our family without you, you definitely make us more complete.

We love you, baby boy!! Happy one month!
Love, Momma


stats // 11.7 lbs & 21.5in

eating // lots and lots of milk. He is such a chunk and loves to nurse, even as a day old he was gaining weight so well and drinking almost 1oz when we weighed him. The nurses were so surprised and pleased. In one month  he gained over 3 lbs, so its safe to say he loves his milk! During the day he drinks every 2-4 hours. At night he is all about the cluster feeding from 6PM to 11PM, mostly eating every hour for about 20 minutes at a time, unless hes sleeping on daddy's chest.

sleeping // I'm still wondering how each night will go since some nights are an amazing 4-6 hours of solid sleep, or it could be an every 2 hour wake up. Either way he stays asleep while nursing until around 5-6AM, so I can't complain! We are bedsharing already most of the night since it's already so natural for me to nurse and sleep with a baby. Thankfully he enjoys it too and sleeps well next to me in the bed.

wearing // all 3 month clothing already, and he has been wearing it for a couple weeks. I was shocked at how quickly he outgrew the newborn clothes. Some of the things Solomon wore for months wont fit already.
size 1 diapers but they are pretty snug already!

favorite things // staring at big brother, cuddles (especially with daddy at night!), burping and having a clean diaper (even if he HATES having his diaper changed!!), sleeping in the rock-n-play during the day for naps & taking a bath!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan